Strategic Plan: 2018–2022
A strategic plan identifies the vision and mission, values and key priorities that guide the organization over the next five years. The includes four priorities that will help Public Health Sudbury & Districts accomplish its vision and mission.
The 2018–2022 Strategic Plan builds on our past successes and directs our future actions, working in partnerships to create optimal conditions for health for all. Informed by community needs and key public health drivers, the four strategic priorities reflect essential concepts of public health practice.
We look forward to working with all communities over the course of the 2018–2022 Strategic Plan to improve opportunities for health–now and into the future.
- View our 2018–2022 Strategic Plan (HTML below, PDF, 630 KB)
- View our 2018–2022 Strategic Plan Development Report (PDF, 684 KB, HTML).
We strive for health equity by championing equal opportunities for health. To achieve this we will:
- Address a broad range of social and economic factors that impact health, including mental health
- Support awareness, education, advocacy, and policy development to reduce health inequities
- Tailor programs and services to reflect community voices and needs
- Champion actions to improve health equity within an integrated health system.
- Support all communities to reach their full health potential
We establish meaningful relationships that lead to successful partnerships, collaborations and engagement. To achieve this we will:
- Nurture strong relationships with local communities, organizations, municipalities, and other parts of the health system
- Facilitate diverse community engagement, including engagement with people with lived experience, for the planning, development, and implementation of public health initiatives
- Engage with Indigenous populations in a way that is meaningful for them
- Help build capacity among partners to promote resilience and mental wellness in our communities
- Collaborate with a diverse range of sectors
We strive for ongoing excellence in public health practice including, program and service development and delivery. To achieve this we will:
- Use local data to adapt programs and services to neighborhoods and populations with the greatest needs
- Ensure effective public health practice to collect, use, and generate quality evidence
- Apply relevant and timely surveillance, evaluation, and research results
- Implement innovative approaches for programs and services that can be adapted to reflect change and community needs
- Work with communities and other parts of the health system to deliver population level interventions
We advance organization-wide commitment and ensure that we are well positioned to support the work of public health. To achieve this we will:
- Cultivate a skilled, diverse, and responsive workforce
- Ensure a culture of continuous quality improvement and ongoing learning
- Increase awareness of the role of public health and our programs and services
- Strengthen organizational culture, engagement, and resiliency
- Foster a work environment that supports and sustains mental health and well-being
- Demonstrate accountability and transparency to our clients, communities and stakeholders
Our values represent what our organization is all about and guide how we do our work.
We are modest and self-reflective. We respond to the needs of others, are open to feedback, and seek to understand biases in order to develop and maintain genuine relationships.
We are honest and dependable, and show integrity in our actions. We encourage transparency and accountability in decision-making, collaboration, and service delivery. We work truthfully and honour our commitments.
We treat all individuals with mutual respect and sensitivity. We show regard and consideration for our team members, partners, and communities and value all contributions.
Our Strategic Priorities in Action
It is important to demonstrate accountability and report on our progress with the Strategic Plan. Our 2018–2022 Performance Monitoring Plan is currently under development, and will be posted once finalized. Reports from our 2013–2017 Performance Monitoring Plan can be found here.
This item was last modified on September 21, 2018