Healthy food choices
The links in the following list will direct you to Canada’s Food Guide (Health Canada) for more information.
- Make it a habit to eat a variety of healthy foods each day.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, whole grain foods and protein foods. Choose protein foods that come from plants more often.
- Choose foods with healthy fats instead of saturated fat.
- Limit highly processed foods. If you choose these foods, eat them less often and in small amounts.
- Prepare meals and snacks using ingredients that have little to no added sodium, sugars or saturated fat.
- Choose healthier menu options when eating out.
- Make water your drink of choice.
- Replace sugary drinks with water.
- Use food labels.
- Be aware that food marketing can influence your choices.
This item was last modified on April 6, 2020