The workplace has a powerful effect on employee health, and workplace health programs can make a very positive impact.
October is Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month. Learn more about the benefits of a healthy workplace.
Workplace health programs make good business sense
Healthy people are:
- more satisfied with their work
- more productive
- take less sick time
- choose to stay with the company longer
- less prone to injury and illness
You and your employees are your organization’s most important resources.
Services and support
The Health Unit’s Workplace Health Team provides resources, and information about other organizations that offer workplace health related services to help you with:
- creating a healthier workplace
- health at work topics
- workplace health policies
- answers to your workplace health questions
- updates from our features section
- publications and newsletters
Putting health on your agenda is good for your business.
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy body weight
- Physical activity
- Tobacco and smoking cessation
- Work stress and mental health
- Workplace health newsletter
- Other important health topics
Ensuring a healthy workplace environment makes good business sense. Find information and ideas to put workplace health on your agenda.
This item was last modified on September 21, 2017