Inspected body art salons and parlours
Tattoo parlours and body piercing salons are inspected at least annually by public health inspectors. Additional inspections are also completed in response to complaints or to follow-up on infractions from previous inspections.
If the shop you are considering for a tattoo or body piercing is not on the Check Before You Go! website, chances are, it is not inspected. This means that a public health inspector has not visited the establishment to make sure that proper infection control procedures are being followed. It is important to make a safe choice when choosing a body artist.
If you are a member of the public, you should contact Public Health Sudbury & Districts if:
- the establishment you were wanting to attend for a tattoo or body piercing is not listed on the Check Before You Go! website
- you would like to file a complaint
- you would like more information on making a safe tattoo or body piercing choice
- you would like to learn more about aftercare instructions
If you are an owner or an operator of a tattoo parlour or a body piercing salon, you should contact a public health inspector at 705.522.9200, ext. 464 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200) if:
- you are not an inspected premise and would like to arrange an inspection
- you are an inspected premise but are not listed on the Check Before You Go! website
This item was last modified on April 18, 2018