Owners & Operators
As an owner or operator of a public facility, you are responsible for the safety of the patrons that visit your business. It is your responsibility to comply with and understand any relevant legislation, protocols, or guidance documents that pertain to the operation of your business.
In addition to conducting regular compliance inspections, public health inspectors are available to offer education regarding your obligations. They can provide you with information so that you can ensure that your business meets the necessary regulatory requirements.
Public health inspectors conduct thousands of inspections each year. Some of the premises that are subject to a health inspection include:
- any place where food or drinking water is served to the public
- any place where the general public can use water for the purpose of recreation
- any special event that offers a petting zoo or food
- any place where sleeping quarters are offered for staff or for the general public
- personal services settings such as hair salons, tattoo parlours, piercing and aesthetic shops
If you have any questions in regards to your obligations contact a public health inspector online or call 705.522.9200, ext. 464 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).
This item was last modified on January 10, 2018