Public Health services (COVID-19)
To protect its essential services and comply with the Government of Ontario province-wide state of emergency, Public Health Sudbury & Districts has reduced programs and services and changed how it engages with the public. In general, any essential client interactions will require phone pre-screening or on-site screening for clients arriving. The agency’s facilities incorporate processes to ensure two-metre separation between clients and staff where possible.
Regular business hours for Public Health Sudbury & Districts’ main office will be maintained: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our Manitoulin and Espanola offices will be open with reduced hours, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday to Friday. Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, Public Health Sudbury & Districts is closing the physical locations of our Sudbury East and Chapleau offices, until further notice. Services are still available by telephone at 705.522.9200 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).
Services that are continuing include:
Updated as of March 20, 2020.
Enhanced screening: Clients will be screened when booking appointments and subject to on-site screening for respiratory symptoms. Please be advised these appointments may need to be rebooked if clients have respiratory symptoms.
- Immunization programming: by appointment only, with enhanced screening
- Needle Exchange Program: with enhanced screening
- Sexual Health Clinic: limited service, by appointment only, with enhanced screening
- Growing Family Clinic: limited service, by appointment only, with enhanced screening
- Healthy Babies Healthy Children home visiting: limited service, by appointment only
- Healthy Babies Healthy Children 48-hour postpartum calls
- Health Information Line
- Breastfeeding Clinic: limited service, by appointment only, with enhanced screening for clients
- Online prenatal classes: available via phsd.ca
- Quit Smoking Clinic: free one-on-one support by phone
- Circles Sudbury programming: limited services, by phone only
- Healthy Smiles Ontario: triaging for emergency care by phone
- Seniors Dental Program: triaging for emergency care and new applications by phone
- Other Health Protection programming:
- Food Safety: limited service
- Communicable and Infectious Diseases Response and Control: by appointment only, with enhanced screening
- Duty Inspector: by appointment only, with enhanced screening
- Emergency Response
- Safe Water Response (Drinking/Recreational Water)
- Rabies Control: enhanced screening measures for clients
- On-site Sewage System Inspection: by appointment only
- Health Hazard Response, including OBC complaints: by appointment only
This item was last modified on March 23, 2020