We spend a lot of time in our homes, where health risks may be found in many different shapes and forms. Visit hazards in your home (Government of Canada) to learn about the common health risks which may be present in your home and the simple steps you can take to protect your health and the health of your family.

How can Public Health help?

Public health inspectors are involved in the response to housing inquiries and complaints where there may be health hazards. Health hazards are conditions, substances or things that are likely to have a harmful effect on a person’s health.

Concerns in homes may include:

If you would like to speak to a public health inspector about a housing issue, you can submit your question or complaint electronically or call Public Health Sudbury & Districts at 705.522.9200, ext. 464 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).

Additional information

For more information about how public health inspectors are involved in health hazard and housing complaints, please read the Ontario Ministry of Health’s Health Hazards Response Protocol.

This item was last modified on October 24, 2023