Public Health Sudbury & Districts advises of a potential high-risk public exposure to COVID-19Issued: Sunday, June 20, 2021
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is advising the public of a potential high-risk of exposure to COVID-19 specifically for anyone who attended a social gathering at an area locally known as “Morgan Beach” located on Morgan Road situated between Chelmsford and Dowling on June 16, 2021, between 2:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Actions to take:
Anyone who attended this gathering is advised to follow public health guidance:
- You should seek COVID-19 testing on or after June 23, 2021. In addition to this, if you are symptomatic or become symptomatic at any time, you should seek testing as soon as possible.
- Even if you receive a negative test result, you must remain home and self-isolate up to and including June 30, 2021.
- For the duration of your isolation period, everyone else in your household is required to stay home except for essential reasons. Essential reasons include attending work, school, or childcare and essential errands such as groceries, attending medical appointments, or picking up prescriptions.
- If you develop even one symptom of COVID-19, everyone in your household is required to self-isolate until you receive a negative test result or are provided an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional. If you have one or more symptoms and do not get tested or do not receive an alternate diagnosis, all members of your household must self-isolate as directed by Public Health. Please call 705.522.9200, ext. 524, if you develop any symptoms for additional direction.
- The isolating individual must self-isolate away from other household members. Note that if the isolating individual is young and/or cannot isolate apart from other household members, one identified parent or caregiver must also isolate with the individual away from other household members.
COVID-19 testing appointments can be arranged through the Health Sciences North Assessment Centre: the preferred option is to request an appointment online (Health Sciences North, https://secure.hsnsudbury.ca/COVID19AppointmentRequest) or call 705.671.7373 during regular business hours.
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is reminding everyone to follow public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 including the more transmissible variants of concern. The safest options are to limit close contact to your own household members, stay home and do not attend work when ill, avoid non-essential travel, and remember to practise physical distancing, wear your mask, and wash your hands. For all outings, continue to screen yourself for symptoms and practise COVID-safe behaviours.
For more information or if you have questions, please visit phsd.ca/COVID-19 or call Public Health Sudbury & Districts at 705.522.9200 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).