Healthy Babies Healthy Children program (HBHC)
What is the Healthy Babies Healthy Children program?
- It is a home visiting program for pregnant women and parents of children under 6 years of age who need more support and can benefit from the program.
- The visits are done in your home or where you feel comfortable.
- You can begin and end the program at any time.
- The program is free and confidential.
A referral is not required. We look forward to hearing from you.
What does this program do?
- Provides parents with advice and support about pregnancy and parenting.
- Helps parents provide young children with a healthy start in life.
- Links families with helpful support services in the community.
How does it work?
A public health nurse and family home visitor work closely to meet your needs.
A public health nurse will:
- answer your pregnancy or parenting questions
- put you in touch with community resources
- work with a family home visitor to identify what you want to learn
- monitor your child for healthy growth and development
- offer breastfeeding support
A family home visitor will:
- answer your questions or concerns about pregnancy and caring for children
- give you tips on parenting and your child’s development
- provide extra support and encouragement during difficult times
- put you in touch with other community agencies that can help you
How do I find out if the program is right for me?
Call us to speak with a public health nurse.
Health Information Line
Our Health Information Line offers a free, confidential, and accessible way to speak to a public health nurse.
A public health nurse can answer your questions and/or direct you to the right health or social services.
This item was last modified on February 13, 2020