Encourage the adults of tomorrow (Educators)
How can educators help young people be resilient and develop the resources to thrive in life? The answer is rather simple — relationships matter. Having relationships with adults is an important building block of healthy growth. In fact, it is the single most important thing that can make a positive difference in the life of a young person.
For more information:
- Ted Talk video by teacher Rita Pierson – Every kid needs a champion
- Relationships Matter
- Dr. Jean M. Clinton — Children’s experiences of positive, caring and responsive interactions have a significant impact on the brain and children’s learning development, health and well-being
- Why Strengths-Based practice works in schools
- Video comparing a growth mindset to a fixed mindset
- 40 Developmental Assets — Children need to have positive experiences and relationships with adults, their community, and their school in order to become successful adults
- Dr. Wayne Hammond — Relationships and Resiliency
For additional information, contact the School Health Promotion Team.
This item was last modified on December 24, 2015