Immunization of School Pupil’s Act (ISPA) programming resources
The Immunization of School Pupil’s Act (ISPA) is an Ontario law that requires Public Health Sudbury & Districts to collect and review immunization records for every year for all school-aged child up to 18 years of age. School principals, delegates, and staff are essential partners to the success of this programming to ensure protection of health and prevention of disease outbreaks.
Resources to help educators support this work:
- Schedule of the 2023 school year suspension process (PDF, 199 KB)
- Information package for school principals (PDF, 131 KB)
- Sample letter for incomplete immunization records (PDF, 112 KB) (mailed by Public Health to parents, guardians, or students)
- Sample of the Order for Suspension (PDF, 30 KB) (issued by Public Health to school operators and copied to parents, guardians, or students)
- Information package for parents distributed by school communities (PDF, 117 KB)
- Key messages for school communities to share with parents, guardians, and students (PDF, 96 KB)
Public Health is committed to working in partnership with school communities to promote and protect health and prevent disease in our community.
If you have any questions, please email a public health nurse supporting this programming at ISPA@phsd.ca or call 705.522.9200 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).
This item was last modified on April 26, 2023