- Ministry of Health COVID-19 online self-assessment
- How to prevent the spread of illness
- COVID-19 resources and instructions for individuals
- COVID-19 resources for businesses and community
- Travellers information sheets
- COVID-19 mental health resources for the community
- Public health and COVID-19
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread – Response Planning Session (March 9, 2020)
Ministry of Health COVID-19 online self-assessment
- Use the Ministry of Health self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care.
How to prevent the spread of illness
COVID-19 resources and instructions for individuals
How to care for someone who has, or who may have, COVID-19 (instructions)
- Caregiver information 8.5 x 11” handout (PDF)
How to self-isolate (instructions)
- Self-isolation information 8.5 x 11” handout (Public Health Ontario, PDF)
How to self-monitor for symptoms (instructions)
- 8.5 x 11” handout (Public Health Ontario, PDF)
How to care for pets and other animals (instructions)
- 8.5 x 11” handout (Public Health Ontario, PDF)
COVID-19 information sheets (multiple languages)
- Available in multiple languages on the Ministry of Health website (how to protect yourself; how to self-isolate; how to care for someone with COVID-19)
COVID-19 resources for businesses and community
- Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Settings – COVID-19 fact sheet (Public Health Ontario, PDF)
Self-isolation signage for businesses
- 8.5 x 11″ sign (PDF, 131 KB)
Self-isolation signage for apartments
- 8.5 x 11″ sign (PDF, 133 KB)
- 8.5 x 11″ sign (PDF, 224 KB)
Physical distancing in elevators
Physical distancing in the workplace – Guidance for working in small workspaces
- 8.5″ x 11″ sign (PDF, 183 KB)
- COVID-19 and Community Gardens Public Health Direction (PDF, 230 KB)
- 8.5 x 11″ indoor sign (PDF, 126 KB)
- 11 x 17″ indoor sign (PDF, 132 KB)
- 12 x 16″ outdoor sign (PDF, 149 KB). Call 705.522.9200, ext. 257 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200) to order.
Travellers information sheets
- Available in multiple languages on the Public Health Agency of Canada website.
COVID-19 mental health resources for the community
- Crisis Intervention Services is a free all-ages service for people living or visiting Sudbury & Manitoulin districts.
- ConnexeOntario provides free and confidential services for people experiencing problems with alcohol, drugs, mental illness and/or gambling.
- Big White Wall is an online service providing access to millions with anxiety, depression and other common mental health issues.
- BounceBack is a free skill building program managed by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA).
- Mental Health Commission of Canada offers resources in response to COVID-19.
- 211 Ontario is your primary source of information on government and community-based social services.
- eMentalHealth offers mental health services, help and support in your community.
- Canadian Mental Health Association offers mental health and addiction services
- Wellness Together Canada offers mental health and substance use support for youth and adults.
- AbilitiCMT is an internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy (iCBT) program that you can access from any device, any time.
- Northern Initiative for Social Action’s (NISA)Regional Warm Line offers peer support to folks all across northeastern Ontario and addresses some of the challenges facing people with lived experience of mental health challenges/illness.
Children and youth
- mindSPACE offers free and confidential mental health services for children and youth under 18.
- Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7 national services offering bilingual professional counselling, information and referrals.
- Mindyourmind includes interactive tools and innovative resources to build capacity and resilience in youth.
Health care workers
- COVID-19 therapists is an emerging network of Ontario-based mental health professionals dedicated to supporting frontline COVID-19 workers during the evolving crisis.
- Good2Talk provides confidential support services for post-secondary students in Ontario and Nova Scotia.
- School Mental Health Ontario provides tips to support student mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Talk 4 Healing is a culturally grounded, fully confidential helpline for Indigenous women available in 14 languages all across Ontario.
- Hope for Wellness Helpline offers immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada.
Public health and COVID-19
- Presentation to the Board of Health for Public Health Sudbury & Districts, April 16, 2020 (2.5 MB, PDF)
Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread – Response Planning Session (March 9, 2020)
Organized by Public Health Sudbury & Districts and hosted by the City of Greater Sudbury, the workshop was designed to move participants beyond their comfort zones to consider difficult, yet realistic scenarios related to COVID-19 spread. In meeting together, participants critically assessed their readiness and their response plans.
Planning Session Materials
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Agenda (DOCX, 1 MB)
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Presentation (PDF, 3 MB)
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Exercise Questions (DOCX, 1 MB)
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Exercise Scenarios (DOCX, 138 KB)
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Participating Agencies (DOCX, 85 KB)
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Evaluation Form (DOCX, 45 KB)
This item was last modified on June 2, 2020