Child and Youth vaccination toolkit
A PDF version of the child & youth vaccine toolkit is available for download here.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Quick Facts Playlist.
- How do vaccines work? (Science North)
- How are vaccines made? (Health Canada)
- Bing – Kindergarten | Vaccination (TVO Kids)
- Just the Facts: Children and youth vaccination (PDF)
- Child and youth COVID-19 vaccine fact sheet (Government of Ontario, PDF)
- The safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines for youth (Government of Ontario, PDF)
- COVID-19 vaccine fact sheets and infographics (Kids Health First)
- Child and youth COVID-19 vaccine poster (Government of Ontario, PDF)
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine Teen posters 11 x 17” (PDF, 541 KB)
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine Child poster 11 x 17” (PDF, 222 KB)
- Information session for parents: COVID-19 vaccination 5 to 11 year olds (Science North, YouTube)
- FamJam Trivia Night: Vaccines with Dr. Reich (Science North, YouTube)
- Webcast – Needle fear, pain and vaccines: Introduction to the CARD system as a framework for vaccination delivery (CANVax)
Getting ready for your child(ren)’s vaccination appointment
- Child and Youth COVID-19 vaccination consent form (PDF, 219 KB)
- Conversation Guide: Talking to your child(ren) about the COVID-19 vaccine
- Checklist for vaccination appointment (PDF)
- CARD system (aboutkidshealth.ca)
- Fillable vaccination certificate for children (PDF, 201 KB)
- Culturally relevant stories about vaccination:
Other online resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service (sickkids.ca)
- Max the Vax – Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies (oacas.org)
- COVID-19 vaccines for children and youth (Government of Ontario)
- Parent Homework (parenthomework.ca)
- A Parent’s Guide to Vaccination (Government of Canada)
- For more information visit our COVID-19 FAQ page and our COVID-19 vaccine resources.
- Should you require additional information, please contact Public Health Sudbury & Districts at 705.522.9200 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).
This item was last modified on June 6, 2022