Sexual Health Clinic
Access to services during COVID-19
Effective July 2, 2020, if you are visiting our office locations for service, you will need to wear a face covering (e.g. medical or a non-medical mask or other face covering) at all times. This is the case whether you are receiving services that involve close contact or not. Certain exceptions may apply (for example, based on age or medical circumstances). We encourage you to bring your own mask. If you don’t have a mask or forgot to bring yours, we will give you one for your appointment, supplies permitting.
The new requirement provides additional protection as distancing is not always guaranteed. To learn more about our current Public Health services and some of the changes in place due to COVID-19
The Sexual Health Clinic promotes healthy sexuality and provides confidential services that reduce sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Public Health Sudbury & Districts continues to provide these services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Services are by appointment only. A public health nurse will conduct a telephone assessment to determine if an in-person appointment is necessary. For more information, call Public Health.
Who works at the clinic?
- public health nurses
- nurse practitioners (by appointment)
- physicians (by appointment)
What services are offered?
- sexual health information
- testing and free treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- anonymous HIV testing
- emergency contraception (morning after pill)
- low-cost birth control
- pregnancy testing and options counselling
- free condoms
- sexual health information and counselling by telephone
- harm reduction services
- learn more about The Point: a program that offers harm reduction supplies and services to people who use drugs.
- free hepatitis A and B immunization (for those who qualify)
- presentations by request to high-risk groups
Visiting the clinic (Greater Sudbury)
The Sexual Health Clinic is located in the Elm Place at 10 Elm Street, Unit 130. Free parking is available with a validated ticket from our office.
Please call 705.522.9200 to schedule an appointment
Sexual Health Clinics in surrounding areas
Additional Sexual Health Clinics are run at our offices throughout our service area. Please call your preferred location to schedule an appointment.
- Chapleau – 100 Pine Street East, call 705.860.9200
- Espanola – 800 Centre Street, Unit 100C, call 705.222.9202
- Manitoulin Island – 6163 Highway 542, call 705.370.9200
This item was last modified on August 26, 2021