- Ministry of Health COVID-19 online self-assessment
- How to prevent the spread of illness
- COVID-19 resources and instructions for individuals
- COVID-19 and income support for the community
- COVID-19 mental health resources for the community
- COVID-19 resources for businesses and community
- School resources
- Travellers information sheets
- Public health and COVID-19
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread – Response Planning Session (March 9, 2020)
Ministry of Health COVID-19 online self-assessment
- Use the Ministry of Health self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care.
How to prevent the spread of illness
- 8.5 x 11” handout – preventing respiratory illness (PDF, 667 KB)
- 8.5 x 11” bilingual handout – preventing respiratory illness (PDF, 1 MB)
- 11 x 17″ poster – preventing respiratory illness (PDF, 6 MB)
- 8.5 x 11″ poster – preventing the spread of COVID-19 (PDF, 5 MB)
- 11 x 17″ poster (PDF, 165 KB)
- Top 10 COVID-19 Basic Rules for Safe Schools
COVID-19 resources and instructions for individuals
How to care for someone who has, or who may have, COVID-19 (instructions)
- Caregiver information 8.5 x 11” handout (PDF)
How to self-isolate (instructions)
- Self-isolation information 8.5 x 11” handout (Public Health Ontario, PDF)
How to self-monitor for symptoms (instructions)
- 8.5 x 11” handout (Public Health Ontario, PDF)
How to care for pets and other animals (instructions)
- 8.5 x 11” handout (Public Health Ontario, PDF)
COVID-19 information sheets (multiple languages)
- Available in multiple languages on the Ministry of Health website (how to protect yourself; how to self-isolate; how to care for someone with COVID-19)
Explaining COVID-19 to children
- The Théâtre du Nouvel-Ontario, in collaboration with Public Health Sudbury & Districts, created an informative and entertaining video series about COVID-19 and how to stay safe. The series, entitled “Gretchen en Quarantchaine”, is a great resource for children to help understand COVID-19 and the public health measures that have become a daily reality. Note: this video series is only available in French.
- Keeping track of who you see and where you go is another easy way to help protect your friends, your family and your community. Can you remember all of the places you went and the people you spent time with over the last two weeks? If not, consider keeping a contact log. You can download or print our contact log.
COVID-19 resources for businesses and community
- Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Settings – COVID-19 fact sheet (Public Health Ontario, PDF)
Entrance signage for businesses
- COVID-19 Signage Questions V1 (PDF, 500 KB)
- COVID-19 Signage Questions V2 (PDF, 150 KB)
- 8.5 x 11″ sign (PDF, 214 KB)
Face covering signage for businesses
- 8.5 x 11″ sign (PDF, 207 KB)
Self-isolation signage for businesses
- 8.5 x 11″ sign (PDF, 131 KB)
Self-isolation signage for apartments
- 8.5 x 11″ sign (PDF, 133 KB)
- 8.5 x 11″ sign (PDF, 224 KB)
Physical distancing in elevators
Physical distancing in the workplace – Guidance for working in small workspaces
- 8.5″ x 11″ sign (PDF, 183 KB)
- 8.5 x 11″ indoor sign (PDF, 133 KB)
- COVID-19 and Community Gardens Public Health Direction (PDF, 230 KB)
- 8.5 x 11″ indoor sign (PDF, 126 KB)
- 11 x 17″ indoor sign (PDF, 132 KB)
- 12 x 16″ outdoor sign (PDF, 149 KB). Call 705.522.9200, ext. 257 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200) to order.
Posters and handouts
The following posters can be used by schools to remind students about the importance of physical distancing, how to wear a mask and washing their hands.
Keep a safe distance
Stop if you’re sick
- 11 x 17 ” poster (PDF, 110 KB)
Wash your hands
- 11 x 17 ” poster (PDF, 133 KB)
Wear a mask (for entrance)
Wear your mask safely
Wear your mask safely (with procedure)
Top 10 COVID-19 Basic Rules for Safe Schools
- 8.5 x 11 ” handout (PDF, 154 KB)
COVID-19 checklist for school physical activities
- 8.5 x 11 ” handout (PDF, 343 KB)
Watch this animated video for information about symptoms and tips on COVID-19 screening that will help you decide if you should go to school or not.
For more information on school self-screening and illness visit the schools and covid-19 page.
- This document “What to do: if a student is ill during school hours” provides a step-by-step road map for principals, teachers and the broader school community on the steps schools should take if a student is ill during school hours.
- “What happens when: A positive COVID-19 case is identified in a school community” provides a step-by-step road map for principals, teachers, and the broader school community on the steps that are taken if a school student, staff or visitor tests positive for COVID-19. It also includes information regarding the declaration of an outbreak.
- COVID-19 school nurses This list contains the public health nurses that are assigned to each school in Public Health Sudbury & Districts service area.
Travellers information sheets
- Available in multiple languages on the Public Health Agency of Canada website.
COVID-19 mental health resources for the community
- Crisis Intervention Services is a free all-ages service for people living or visiting Sudbury & Manitoulin districts.
- ConnexeOntario provides free and confidential services for people experiencing problems with alcohol, drugs, mental illness and/or gambling.
- Big White Wall is an online service providing access to millions with anxiety, depression and other common mental health issues.
- BounceBack is a free skill building program managed by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA).
- Mental Health Commission of Canada offers resources in response to COVID-19.
- 211 Ontario is your primary source of information on government and community-based social services.
- eMentalHealth offers mental health services, help and support in your community.
- Canadian Mental Health Association offers mental health and addiction services
- Wellness Together Canada offers mental health and substance use support for youth and adults.
- AbilitiCMT is an internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy (iCBT) program that you can access from any device, any time.
- Northern Initiative for Social Action’s (NISA)Regional Warm Line offers peer support to folks all across northeastern Ontario and addresses some of the challenges facing people with lived experience of mental health challenges/illness.
Children and youth
- mindSPACE offers free and confidential mental health services for children and youth under 18.
- Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7 national services offering bilingual professional counselling, information and referrals.
- Mindyourmind includes interactive tools and innovative resources to build capacity and resilience in youth.
Health care workers
- COVID-19 therapists is an emerging network of Ontario-based mental health professionals dedicated to supporting frontline COVID-19 workers during the evolving crisis.
- Good2Talk provides confidential support services for post-secondary students in Ontario and Nova Scotia.
- School Mental Health Ontario provides tips to support student mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Talk 4 Healing is a culturally grounded, fully confidential helpline for Indigenous women available in 14 languages all across Ontario.
- Hope for Wellness Helpline offers immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada.
Public health and COVID-19
- Presentation to the Board of Health for Public Health Sudbury & Districts, April 16, 2020 (2.5 MB, PDF)
Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread – Response Planning Session (March 9, 2020)
Organized by Public Health Sudbury & Districts and hosted by the City of Greater Sudbury, the workshop was designed to move participants beyond their comfort zones to consider difficult, yet realistic scenarios related to COVID-19 spread. In meeting together, participants critically assessed their readiness and their response plans.
Planning Session Materials
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Agenda (DOCX, 1 MB)
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Presentation (PDF, 3 MB)
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Exercise Questions (DOCX, 1 MB)
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Exercise Scenarios (DOCX, 138 KB)
- Preparing for COVID-19 Community Spread: Response Planning Workshop – Participating Agencies (DOCX, 85 KB)
This item was last modified on February 25, 2021