Guidance for event planning (COVID-19)
When planning on hosting an event either indoors or outdoors, it’s important to be COVID-safe. Being COVID-safe means assessing your actions, thinking things through, and taking deliberate precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. A successful COVID-safe event should follow public health measures and advice (Government of Ontario).
Here are a few tips you should follow when planning an event:
- Encourage the use of a well-fitted face mask or face covering for indoor events.
- Find out if your event requires a special event food service permit.
- Post signage (PDF, 283.9 KB) reminding individuals who should be self-isolating or who have COVID-19 symptoms to not attend.
- Encourage physical distancing by patrons and staff when possible.
- Ensure that participants can practise good hand hygiene by washing their hands and consider providing alcohol-based hand sanitizer at entryways.
This item was last modified on December 8, 2022