Updated 2015 publicly funded immunization schedules for Ontario
April 30, 2015
*Cette information est seulement disponible en anglais.
The 2015 schedule reflects new and enhanced immunization programs that are available in Ontario and has been structured in table format for ease of use. It is available on the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care website.
A summary of changes, including vaccine updates and enhanced eligibility criteria for select vaccines (PDF) is attached for your reference.
The following important information is found in the updated schedule:
- Routine Schedule for Infants Immunized during Infancy (does not include catch-up schedules or high risk eligibility criteria)
- Catch-up Schedule for Unimmunized Children 1-6 Years
- Catch-up Schedule for Unimmunized Children 7-17 Years
- Catch-up Schedule for Unimmunized Adults 18 Years and Older
- Vaccine Administration
- Eligibility Criteria for Publicly Funded Vaccines
- High risk Vaccine Programs
- Vaccine Intervals – Recommended and Minimum
- School-based Immunization Program Information
- Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hib, meningococcal types B & ACYW and pneumococcal high risk immunization dosing schedules
- Specific vaccine intervals for select vaccines including rotavirus, Tdap-IPV and/or Td-IPV, MMR, MMRV and Varicella immunization series
- Interrupted vaccine series dosing information
Please refer to the schedule in its entirety to ensure that you are providing all of the available publicly funded vaccines to your patients based on their eligibility and their immunization status. Helpful information on catch-up schedules for missed vaccine doses is contained throughout the schedule based on the age of the patient and the number of previous doses he/she may have received.
Should you have any questions about the updated schedule or require specific information regarding eligibility, dosing or catch-up schedules for any of the vaccines please contact the immunization program as per below.
Please remind parents to report their child’s immunization records to the Health Unit.
For all reporting, inquiries or comments, please contact the Health Unit at 705.522.9200, ext. 301.
This item was last modified on September 9, 2016